Travel Consultant Apprenticeship Scheme
We’re looking for the next generation of talent to join our apprenticeship programme. Our programme will equip you with the professional skills required to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic industry while you achieve your Level 3 Business Travel Consultant Standard.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team of highly experienced travel professionals and develop your skills through our training and development frameworks and one-on-one coaching.
Over the two years of your apprenticeship you will learn how to provide a first class customer service experience catered to the unique needs of our business travellers and VIPs. You will learn to tailor itineraries and meet policy requirements whilst saving the client time and money.
For our 2017 programme, we are looking for apprentices to join our Knowledge Centres for Business Travel in Manchester and Central London.
Start your journey with HRG and open up a world of opportunity
At HRG you will have the opportunity to discover your professional passions through experience. After completing your apprenticeship you will have the skills to apply for a role at HRG*, opening the door to continue your career with us. Perhaps you’ll start on the path to managing your own team of consultants or you may even join our sales team and help us meet new clients.
What you’ll need
Five GCSEs A*-C/4 or above or equivalent (including Maths and English) but more importantly, we’re looking for people who:
- Have a desire to work within the travel industry;
- Are passionate about customer service;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Are able to use initiative in problem solving
- Display good attention to detail;
- Have a professional, enthusiastic and flexible attitude;
- Are committed to learning; and
- Want to be a strong team player
You must have reached the minimum age of 16 at the date of joining and have the right to live and work in the UK indefinitely without sponsorship from HRG.
What’s in it for you?
- Achieve a Level 3 Travel Consultant Standard – as approved by the Guild of Travel Management Companies (GTMC) and ABTA
- An opportunity to gain work experience and start your career
- Earn a competitive salary with an interim incentive bonus and a further bonus should you choose to continue your career with HRG
- Enjoy a holiday allowance of 23 days which increases with service up to 25 days per year (at year three)
- Private medical cover provided as standard and a cash back scheme for everyday healthcare costs such as dental, optical, etc
- Enjoy our Flexible Benefits Scheme – a set amount of cash for you to spend on optional benefits
- An online portal giving you access to discounts and promotions with thousands of retailers, restaurants and gyms nation wide
How to apply
If you impress us with your application you’ll be invited to take part in an assessment day in Manchester or London. Ahead of an assessment day we will provide you with information about what to expect on the day and what to bring with you.
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application you were not successful on this occasion.
*A permanent position with HRG cannot be guaranteed following successful completion of your apprenticeship