To provide and maintain the delivery of a quality service to clients; supervising a team of consultants.
Key Areas of Activity:
- To process all types of reservations and enquiries.
- Always offer the most appropriate fares and routings with alternatives where applicable.
- To ensure that client policy is adhered to at all times.
- To conduct, attend and contribute to office meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain communication with General/Branch/Operations Manager as required.
- To work as part of a team and to communicate effectively with others to ensure mutual benefit through co-operations.
- To support supplier relations through Red whilst always remembering that client choice is paramount. Identify any airline/travel routes outside of agreed programme and report to line manager.
- To ensure that our client’s payment processes and administrative requirements are accurately adhered to and that the input of Management Information Statistics conforms to their specification.
- To work as part of a team and to communicate effectively with others to ensure mutual benefit through co-operation.
- To be cost effective in the workplace and maximise the usage and potential of all technology sources.
- To ensure that all procedures as set out in ISO9001:2000 are followed with audit requirement standard consistently maintained.
- Ensure that all relevant staff at local and company level are kept fully conversant with client policy, procedures and servicing standards. These details are to be documented and updated as necessary.
- Ensure that all staff are appraised in accordance with HRG’s established performance review process.
- Assist in the development of a training plan for all section staff.
- Ensure and effect the correct levels of staffing for the section during periods of holidays, training, other agreed absences and assist with contingency planning as appropriate.
- Manage the recruitment of staff in accordance with HRG’s recruitment and selection policy and procedures.
- Assist in and with Client Management activities to ensure regular client liaison and good customer relationships. Promote and communicate these activities to members of the section.
- To review, consider and if necessary challenge HRG procedures. To develop, recommend and deliver revised workable solutions.
- To make full use of training opportunities available and use the knowledge and skills gained to the benefit of all parties. Encourage section staff to also make full use of training opportunities available.
- GCSE qualifications in English and Maths
- Air Fares and Ticketing Qualification Level 1
- Air Fares and Ticketing Qualification Level 2
- Microsoft Outlook – Intermediate Level
- Microsoft Excel – Basic Level
- Microsoft Word – Basic Level
- Internet Systems – Basic Level
- Galileo – Advanced Level
- Having a detailed knowledge of own business stream and an outline knowledge of other areas of the business; a good all-round product knowledge.
- Representing HRG with confidence; responding to customer needs and establishing long-term relationships.
- Empowering others to own tasks; encouraging individual contributions to the team’s goals; engendering a strong spirit; recognising, valuing and utilising contributions of all team members.
- Actively learning from experiences by soliciting feedback from others; taking responsibility for learning skills and knowledge in current role; taking ownership for own professional development.
- Understanding the strategic direction of HRG; demonstrating a commitment to supporting the Company’s and department’s goals and objectives; co-operating effectively with colleagues and internal customers; supporting decisions that are made; adhering to HRG core values.
- Conveying information with clarity, conviction and credibility: maintaining an excellent manner with people, even when under pressure: communicating confidently, sensitively and effectively at varying levels.
- Possessing good problem-solving skills; having a structured approach to dealing with issues; making good recommendations and rarely requiring guidance.
- Effective organisation and time management skills with the ability to utilise people and resources appropriately.
- Being diligent and expedient in applying HRG processes and procedures; successfully completing tasks and procedures to enable an efficient operation.
- Evaluating and recommending solutions for commercial opportunities and/or risks.
- Selling using an effective sales framework; having a rounded knowledge of products and services.
- Providing honest and direct feedback which is constructive and non-judgemental in a clear manner, ensuring feedback is understood. Being receptive to feedback and actively learning from it.
- Using good communication skills to gain commitment and agreement; encouraging others to see their viewpoint and influencing outcomes.
- Preparing a structured agenda, encouraging points from participants; using strong interpersonal skills to create a focused, motivated environment; using a facilitative style to build on ideas as they arise to explore issues in more depth; communicating action points and delegating and/or following up on them appropriately.
- Addressing day to day performance issues directly, adhering to HRG policies; offering constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Having a flexible management style and knowing when to provide direction and give support; displaying a coaching style with the team or in 1 to 1’s, encouraging feedback and two-way communication; setting challenging work assignments and objectives; delegating to help develop others and regularly discussing their career development.
- Adhering to HRG recruitment policies and procedures; screening applicants effectively; the quality of interviewing skills and the selection of candidates.
- Understand the motivators of high and low achieving members of the team; providing a spirit of ownership and responsibility; using strong communication skills to coach and develop the team; dealing with the causes of de-motivation.
- Delegating tasks without abdicating responsibility; selecting the appropriate individuals or teams to delegate to; supporting, communicating and feeding back on results.
- Using assertion during conflict situations; respecting the needs of other parties and understanding the perspective of others; creating win-win situations through negotiation to reach resolution.
- Using strong questioning and listening skills to enable others to develop plans to improve performance respecting confidentiality.
- Possessing good leadership skills; building a supportive and willing team and having a positive impact on them; setting an appropriate example and being seen as fair, consistent and impartial.
- Regularly suggesting and trying out new ideas; presenting innovations and ideas with clarity and conviction.
- Promoting a positive outlook during periods of change; thinking through the implications of change, identifying the advantages and benefits and managing resistance.
Closing Date: 9 March 2018